A WINDOW SEAT

II A WINDOW SEAT II


February 1965. With the Centenary Celebrations of Shastriji Maharaj drawing near, Yogiji Maharaj had asked Pramukh Swami and Doctor Swami to fly to Delhi for some important work. Doctor Swami writes: “It was my first time aboard an aeroplane and I remember being very eager to see the view from the window. However, Pramukh Swami was sitting in the window seat. Unable to contain my curiosity, I kept leaning across Pramukh Swami to try and catch a glimpse below. Then suddenly he got up. Instead of becoming irritated with my constant obstruction, he simply took my hand and gently sat me down in his seat next to the window. It was one of the first times I experienced Swamishri’s remarkable ability to understand the wishes of others; not only understand but also go to great lengths to fulfil those wishes...”

Comments